CORONAVIRUS INFORMATION CENTER
- Is City Hall open?
- How do I contact the City?
- Are parks open?
- Is the beach open?
- Can I still request a permit?
- Are retail stores open?
- Are public services operational?
- Are Police and Fire working?
- Can I still report a pothole or other issue?
- How can I pay my bills remotely?
- What essential services are still operating?
- How can I open a new utility / water account?
- Will my water be shut-off?
- Where can I get tested for Covid-19?
- Should I be concerned about criminal activities?
Help Prevent the Spread of Coronavirus
When it comes to health, everyone wants what's best for themselves and their families.
See the latest information so you can help prevent the spread of novel coronavirus (COVID-19).
Dania Beach Declaration of State of Emergency
- Amended Supplemental Declaration of Emergency - Safer At Home Order March 27, 2020
- Amended Supplemental Declaration of Emergency, March 22, 2020
- Supplement to Declaration of State of Emergency, March 21, 2020
- Declaration of State of Emergency, March 18, 2020
- Declaration of State of Emergency, March 12, 2020
- Resolution 2020-030, March 10, 2020
- Telework Policy
Other Important Documents
- FL Governor Executive Order 20-91, April 1, 2020
- Broward County Emergency Order 20-03 - March 26, 2020
- BCCMA and BLOC Safer at Home March 2020 Media Release
- FL Governor's Executive Order 20-80, March23, 2020
- Broward County's Emergency Order, March 22, 2020
- FL Governor's Executive Order 20-71, March 20, 2020
- FL Governor's Executive Order 20-70, March 20, 2020
Small Business Guidance & Loan Resources
Small businesses are encouraged to do their part to keep their employees, customers, and themselves healthy. Actively encourage sick employees to stay home.
SBA is available to assist small businesses with accessing federal resources and navigating their own preparedness plans as described by the CDC’s Guidance for Businesses and Employers.
Find out some common issues small businesses may encounter, such as Inventory and Supply Chain Shortfalls, Insurance Coverage Issues and Changing Market Demand.
To get access to lending partners, SBA has developed Lender Match, a free online referral tool that connects small businesses with participating SBA-approved lenders within 48 hours.
The following guidance may help prevent workplace exposures to acute respiratory illnesses, including COVID-19.
Healthy Food Assistance is available to low-income, Broward County families and seniors through different food programs. Find the right one for you! @ adrcbroward.org/foodassistance.phpWhat Type of Food Assistance Do You Require?
- Home Delivered Meals
Delivered weekly by Meals on Wheels South Florida. If you are age 60 or older, please contact the Aging & Disability Resource Center Helpline at 954.745.9779 for assistance in applying for Home Delivered Meals. If you are under 60, please contact Meals on Wheels South Florida directly at 954.731.8770.
- Congregate Meal Sites
Well-balanced meals are available at Congregate Meal Site locations throughout Broward County.
- Food Pantries - Listing of food pantries in Broward County.
- Food Stamps - The ACCESS Florida Program is responsible for State of Florida's Food Assistance Program.
- Nutrition Assistance Programs
These nutrition programs connect older participants with support services including transportation, home-health aides, home modification and food assistance programs.
CITY OF DANIA BEACH CONDO ADVISORY
We all need to do our part by practicing “social distancing,” which means we all need to keep 6 feet apart from anyone else, including when walking outside, by or in the pool, and at any indoor/outdoor gatherings. Please practice all measures as recommend by The Center of Disease Control (www.cdc.gov) in order to prevent the spread of Coronavirus. It is recommended to stay inside and order food in, if necessary. Limit outdoor activities and if outdoors, remember to practice social distancing.
SENIOR SHOPPING HOURS with BSO SUPPORTDania Beach Seniors are encouraged to take advantage of the opportunity to shop at Publix, Walmart and Aldi during special hours. Our BSO Law Enforcement Officers will be present for support and added security.
* Publix & Pharmacy: Tuesday, Wednesday - 7 a.m. to 8 a.m.
* Walmart: Tuesdays - 6 a.m. to 7 a.m
* Aldi: Tuesday, Thursday - 8:30 a.m. to 9:30 a.m.
These hours are meant to let the most vulnerable population shop more safely by allowing space for social distancing with less exposure. Early hours benefit seniors by providing restocked shelves for a better chance to find what they need.
MANAGER'S TASK FORCE
MEDICAL GUIDANCE FOR OUR RESIDENTS:
- Residents should call the Florida Dept. of Health at 954-412-7300 if you suspect you have been exposed to coronavirus.
- If you are sick and symptomatic, please stay home. Call first to receive instructions from the Florida Department of Health on what you should do.
- If you are healthy, please follow their CDC’s guidance to reconsider your participation in public events, especially if you are elderly or immune compromised.
- If you are on maintenance medications, please check with your local pharmacy as an additional 30 day supply may be available to you.
- We encourage you to follow the CDC’s guidelines on social distancing (avoid handshakes, avoid people who are symptomatic, etc) cdc.gov
- We also encourage you to monitor your travel in and out of the City.
WHAT IS THE CITY ADMINISTRATION DOING?
- Employees are receiving ongoing communication and instruction from the City’s Human Resources on actions to take for preventative and options for treatment when there are concerns.
- Our message to our employees is simple. If you are sick, you should stay home and seek medical attention.
- The City has activated telework.
- Our local Dania Beach EOC has procured emergency supplies (gloves, masks, etc.)
OTHER NEWS FOR OUR RESIDENTS:
- BSO stands ready to assist all of our residents with law enforcement and fire services. We remain extremely vigilant for our community’s safety during this crisis. sheriff.org/LE/Pages/Districts/Dania-Beach.aspx
- City of Dania Beach has suspended all after school and sports programs.
- All senior programs have been suspended.
- All major city events have been canceled including Spring Hunt.
- Dania After Dark, Art in the Hall and The Arts & Seafood Celebration have been postponed.
- The City is looking at technology for allowing citizen involvement in future City Public Meetings via a video conference or telephone to ensure the public’s right to be heard is guaranteed without jeopardizing public health.
- City Hall is closed. Please consider conducting business over the phone or online. If you have questions, please call the City at 954-924-6800.
- We encourage you to pay your bills online at daniabeachfl.gov/pay
- You may also pay your permit fees and make inspection requests online at daniabeachfl.gov/permit
- For those who wish to pay at City Hall, please consider using the drop box at the front door at City Hall.
- All Public Services provided by the City of Dania Beach including water and sanitation services are operating on normal schedule.
- Dania Beach Water Customers who are concerned about water shut-off notices can be assured there will be no shut-offs during this declared emergency period.
- Hand sanitizers and public information posters containing prevention information have been placed at all City facilities visited by the public.
WHO TO CALL Call your health care provider or County Health Department at 954-412-7300 if you have a fever, cough or shortness of breath and returned from international travel or a cruise in the last 14 days.
BROWARD'S COVID-19 CALL CENTERThe new Broward Call Center is now available at 954-357-9500 from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. 7 days a week to answer questions about Covid-19 and provide over-the-phone pre-screenings.
24/7 CALL CENTER The County Health Department COVID-19 Call Center is now available 24/7 a 1 (866) 779-6121 and by emailing COVIDfirstname.lastname@example.org
CALL AHEAD OF CB SMITH PARK TESTING SITE
WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW ABOUT COVID-19 From how Covid-19 spreads to Prevention Guidelines on everyday preventive actions to help prevent the spread of respiratory diseases, read What you should Know about Covid-19.
COVID-19 SCAM ACTIVITY
Beware of fraudulent and criminal activities such as:
• Beware of scammers pretending to be testing for COVID-19!
• Robocalls making fraudulent offers to sell respirator masks
• Fake Covid-19 apps and websites that install malware/ransomware
• Phishing emails asking for money or installing malware
• Fake social media scams asking for donations
• Fraudulent offers for free testing to obtain Medicare information
• Prescription drug schemes
• Calls or emails requesting personal identifying information to obtain stimulus payments
• Receiving fraudulent checks in the mail which, when deposited, instruct to send money to another account or purchase gift cards
• Calls or phishing emails requesting banking information to deposit the stimulus payment
• Fake websites that state they will assist in obtaining the stimulus payment or additional payments.
Call The National Center for Disaster Fraud Hotline at 1-866-720-5721 or email email@example.com
Report all suspicious activity to Dania Beach Police at 954-764-4357 | daniabeachfl.gov/police
VULNERABLE POPULATION REGISTRY You should pre-register in the Vulnerable Population Registry if you are at risk due to a disability, frailty or health issue, regardless of age, AND you elect to stay at home in the event of an emergency.
Register online by visiting Vulnerable Registry
or by calling the Broward County Call Center at 311 or 954-831-4000 (TTY 954-831-3890)