Green Advisory Board
Upcoming Virtual Meeting:
Green Advisory Board Virtual Meeting on April 21 @ 5 pm - Click here for meeting link Meeting ID: 147 821 5598
The purpose of this Board is to assist City administration in identifying and creating policies and action plans that pertain to energy efficiency and help to mitigate the effects of climate changes.
Membership & Qualifications
The Board shall consist of five (5) members appointed by the City Commission.
Members must be registered voters within the City of Dania Beach, and each member shall have been a resident of the City of Dania Beach for a minimum of six (6) months prior to appointment.
The Board members shall have experience, expertise or training in the areas of energy demandside management, LEED or green building standards, renewable energy technologies or related fields.
Members of this Board are not required to file a Financial Disclosure Form.
Terms of Office
Each appointee shall serve a term consistent with the duration of the term of the appointing Commissioner and without compensation at the pleasure of the City Commission of the City of Dania Beach.
Any member missing three (3) consecutive meetings shall automatically be removed from the Board and replaced in the same manner in which that member was originally appointed.
The Board shall meet from time to time under rules and regulations which it shall promulgate.
The Board shall elect a Chairperson and Vice-Chairperson at their first meeting.
Duties & Responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities of the Board shall be to:
- Assist City administration in finding green opportunities that would benefit the City
- Develop a “menu of options” implementable by the City, with the goal of reducing per capita energy consumption in the City. Topics for consideration should include, but not be limited to: energy efficiency standards for new construction; incentives for energy efficiency in private sector construction; land use planning; transportation; renewable energy options and public education
- Examine ways that the City can implement measures to conserve and protect natural resources
- Coordinate the activities of the City with those activities of the citizens, residents and local businesses in order to promote environmental awareness throughout the City
- Serve as a liaison between the citizens, residents, neighborhood associations, local businesses and the City on environmental issues
- Develop recommendations regarding programs which may be created to enhance environmental awareness within the City
- Develop proposed actions, including proposed legislation at the state and federal level, which may be taken in support of environmental programs within the City
- Identify and advise the City on ways to attract state and federal programs and grants in direct support of environmental programs with the City in conjunction with the Grant Advisory Board
- Contact businesses and vendors to provide professional skills, materials, or educational support for the various environmental programs and initiatives
- Coordinate information and programs with the other established advisory boards within the City
- Coordinate with appropriate City staff regarding parks, open space and facilities within the City for utilization of such facilities to promote environmental awareness in the City