City of Dania Beach Municipal Elections
Three City Commission seats are up for election in the November 5, 2024 Municipal Election.
The City Commission candidate receiving the highest number of votes shall become Mayor for a term of two years. The candidate receiving the second highest number of votes shall become the Vice-Mayor for a term of two years.
To be eligible to hold the office of city commissioner of the City of Dania Beach, or to qualify for nomination or election as such, the candidate shall be a bona fide resident and citizen of the City of Dania Beach, a resident of the State of Florida, and a citizen of the United States of America; shall be duly qualified to vote at city, state and national elections; shall be over the age of twenty-one (21) years; shall have resided in the city for at least one (1) year immediately preceding the date of election, as evidenced by City voter’s registration documentation and shall be otherwise qualified as provided in the charter.
To become a candidate, the following documents must be filed with the City Clerk PRIOR to opening a campaign account, receiving contributions, or making any expenditures:
1. DS-DE 9 Appointment of Campaign Treasurer and Designation of Campaign Depository
- A candidate may be his / her campaign treasurer or deputy treasurer, but anyone designated must also be a registered voter of the State of Florida.
- Your campaign depository must be a bank, savings and loan association or credit union authorized to do business in the State of Florida. The campaign account must be separate from any personal or business accounts.
- All monetary contributions must be deposited in the campaign account within five (5) business days of receipt.
2. DS-DE 84 Statement of Candidate
- Must be filed within ten days of filing Form DS-DE 9. This form states that the candidate has been provided access to read and understand the requirements of Chapter 106, F.S.
For additional information, or to schedule an appointment, kindly contact the City Clerk at 954-924-6800, ext. 3623, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
AFTER filing the appropriate paperwork with the City Clerk, candidates may then open a campaign account and begin to accept contributions and make expenditures.
If you are seeking to run for office in the City of Dania Beach, below, please find a listing of the documents you will need:
- DS-DE 9 Appointment of Campaign Treasurer and Designation of Campaign Depository
- DS-DE 84 Statement of Candidate
- DS-DE 302NP Candidate Oath
- FORM 1 Statement of Financial Interests
- Notice of Candidacy for City Commission
- Voter's Registration Documentation (at least one year preceding date of election)
- Broward County Statement of Ethical Campaign Practices
- Receipt of written notice of the provisions of Section 106.1435 - Usage and Removal of Political Campaign Advertisements
- Receipt of Notice of Logic and Accuracy Test
- $331.82 Election Assessment Fee (Check must be from Campaign account made payable to the City of Dania Beach)
- $100.00 Filing Fee (Check must be from Campaign account made payable to the City of Dania Beach)
- Political Sign Bond Application ($100.00 check must be from Campaign account made payable to the City of Dania Beach)